Tuesday, July 27, 2004

"Tear Down This Wall"

Our very first poster, Orange Mike, a delegate from Wisconsin, who I was lucky enough to run into today (dressed in Orange, looks like "Hagrid" were perfect clues!) says this about the "free speech zone" (as posted on open blogger forum today):

Tear Down this Wall

I was recently able to examine the so called "Free Speech Zone" located near the Fleet Center in Boston, MA at the site of the Democratic National Convention. I walked around the outside perimeter, and I walked around inside of it.  What I saw was an absolute abomination, not only to the eye, but also to the very spirit of our nation.This wall was put up at the insistence of the FBI and Secret Service.  It is the same oxymoronic Free Speech Zone that is established every time the President appears anywhere nowadays.  Kerry cannot tear it down; only Ashcroft could do that, with Bush's backing.  I need hardly point out that Bush has made it clear that he LIKES this kind of segregation of the pesky First Amendment stuff!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd:

While I agree with every syllable of the stuff quoted, the first section of the passage, "I was recently able to examine the so called "Free Speech Zone" located near the Fleet Center in Boston, MA at the site of the Democratic National Convention. I walked around the outside perimeter, and I walked around inside of it. What I saw was an absolute abomination, not only to the eye, but also to the very spirit of our nation." was written by the person to whom I was replying, who seemed to think that Kerry or the Democrats were somehow in control of the oxymoronic "free speech zone" cage.

--
Michael J. "Orange Mike" Lowrey
Dean delegate, Wisconsin

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home